Tired of eating eggs for breakfast every morning? These Flourless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins will be your new go-to breakfast!
I love simple recipes that don’t require a lot of prep and clean up. I came across this healthy banana bread recipe, and I was sold when I found out that you could make muffins by simply throwing all the ingredients into a blender, scooping out the batter into your muffin tin, and popping them in the oven until they are done!
I made a few modifications to the original recipe and my muffins came out incredibly moist and fluffy. You would never guess that they are packed with nutrients from almond butter, oatmeal, bananas, eggs, honey, and chia seeds.
I like to stir in just a few mini dark chocolate chips on top of each one so they have enough chocolate for the kids to feel like they are getting a treat but still keeping these muffins on the healthy side.
I’ve made these Flourless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins three times this week and they have been gone within minutes every time. I hope your family enjoys them as much as we did!
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES
Jumbo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Crumb Topped Sourdough Rhubarb Muffins
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
Flourless Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
Flourless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 ripe medium/large bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp.chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to a blender and blend on high until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan, filling each cavity about ¾ full.
- Top each muffin with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
About the author: Rubina Umarji is the owner and executive cake artist of Rubina’s Cake Shoppe. After the birth of her son in 2009, she left her career in engineering to focus on her two passions: her family and her edible art. Since then, she’s had the opportunity to showcase cakes and gourmet confections to thousands of dessert loving clients as well as over 100 of Hollywood’s hottest stars and has had her cakes featured on television. Now her days are focused on teaching cake decorating classes to all ages. Her favorite students are her two children, ages 3 and 5. She frequently writes cake decorating tutorials and recipes on the Rubina’s Cake Shoppe Blog (www.rubinascakeshoppe.com/blog).