Summer is for salads! At least around my house!
When the weather warms up the last thing I want to do is start the oven when dinnertime rolls around, so, I don’t! At least once or twice a week I toss together a yummy salad with all the toppings. This recipe for White Peach Chicken, Walnut, and Goat Cheese Salad is one of our very favorites, but recently, this Kale Cobb Salad is a contender.
Truly, any salad can be amped up with kale. If you’re kale wary, don’t be, it mixes into salads so easily; especially when you go for a 1/2 and 1/2 mix like I usually do. Kale is such a nutrient dense food, packed full of vitamin K and C, mix it in to your recipes whenever you can. Starting with this Kale Cobb!
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 large kale leaves, stems removed and then cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 pieces of deli turkey meat, diced
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 2/3 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 an apple, diced
- Dressing of choice: I’m all about blue cheese dressing, my husband prefers ranch – something creamy goes best
This list of ingredients usually yields us three large salads – one for my husband, one for me, and one for his lunch the following day.
Wash and prep the lettuce and kale. I like to toss the greens in dressing next. Then, top with all the cobb fixings and serve!