I won’t go as far as to say that I’m making a goal to lose weight this year, but there are some baby pounds I may or may not being striving to get rid of. Ideally I’ll do this through some kid-friendly exercise (swift walks with the stroller and family yoga, anyone?) and a boost in some healthy menu planning.
First on the menu … Skinny Taco Soup. A yummy blend of healthy, low cal ingredients that will help us all shed a few pounds in January.
I pulled this delish recipe from the archives of my cookbook this week in preparation for the soon-to-be-slender me. It’s from one of my dearest friends whom I consider my resident health nut. Consider it a bonus that it’s made in a blender … does it get any easier than that? I think not.
Soup in a Blender
Wait! Did I say “soup in a blender”? Oh, yes, I did. This isn’t a crockpot soup recipe. Or a let-simmer-on-the-stove-for-hours recipe. This a throw the ingredients in the Vitamix with boiling water and you are ready to eat recipe!!
Okay, now your world maybe has just been turned upside down because not only can you make this recipe fast but you can do it with a blender in like 5 minutes with ingredients you probably already have in the house.
This is one of those recipes that you don’t have to be perfect with the ingredients. Don’t like celery? Leave it out. Love carrots and garlic? Add more. It’s really a simple recipe that doesn’t include exact science.
Other Soup Recipes
Soups are perfect recipes to make all year round. Here are some of our other favorite recipes:
- Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Everything Autumn Soup
- Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Crockpot Potato Cheese Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Skinny Taco Soup
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 slice onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup various veggies (peppers, squash, cabbage etc)
- Wash, peel, dice, and prep each veggie
- Add everything to a blender (I have an antique Vitamix and can’t even begin to tell you how much I adore it!) and puree with 3 cups of boiling water
- Pour into bowls and enjoy plain or portion out a few goodies (corn, cheese, olives, chips, or sour cream) to fancy it up