Even though I love to bake, I like things that are easy to make. With three kids underfoot all the time, if the snack is easy to make AND the kids can help me at the same time, it is a huge bonus. So, it got me thinking. Why not combine craft time and snack time?!? That is exactly what I’m showing you how to do today with my Candy Cane Snowman Tutorial. You can either watch the video tutorial or just go with the recipe to get the job done. Either way, this is a fabulous way to spend time with the kids and have an activity and a snack at the end all at one time.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 10 Candy Canes
- 30 Big Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 10 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
- Pull and Peel Twizzlers (10 strands)
- 30 red mini M&Ms
- 10 Reese’s Pieces Minis
- White Icing (to act as glue)
- Black Gel Icing
- Clean Screwdriver (believe me, it works!)
1. Break the top part off the candy canes so that you are left with a straight stick. Take 3 Kraft marshmallows and stick the candy cane through each to stack them on top of each other to make the snowman body. To prevent the candy cane from squishing the marshmallows, heat up a phillips screwdriver under hot water and poke a hole through each marshmallow first. Watch the tutorial to see why this works!
2. Take one long rope of the Twizzlers and wrap between the middle and top marshmallow to create a scarf.
3. Dab just a bit of icing on a Hershey Kiss and put on the top of the top marshmallow as a hat.
4. Dab a tiny bit of icing on three red mini M&Ms and put them on the front of the marshmallows like buttons.
5. Cut one Reese’s Pieces Mini (orange) in half and with a dab of icing attach it to the top marshmallow as a nose.
6. Dab two eyes with the black gel icing.
7. You are done! If you are super creative, use pretzel sticks as arms but I don’t think it needs it.
Makes: 10 Snowmen